Saturday, January 30, 2010

Flashback~~

I'm bored. I have no topic. And I was browsing thru FB just awhile ago. Saw this pic and it brought back happy memories.



I did say that I spent 5 years of my childhood in a another country rite? Actually, it was 7 years.. :) From 1988 til 1994. That pic above was my last class photo taken in Woodford International School. I do miss those times. (Check out my socks. Haha!)

In case some of you are wondering,
Woodford is in Honiara, Solomon Islands.
I miss it there. I especially miss the scenery, the beaches. If I had enough money, I'd go back there for a holiday. That would be so cool. :)

One of the frequent asked question whenever I mention Solomon Islands.
"Where is Solomon Islands?"
-.-"


Can you see it? :)

I really do miss it there. I miss waiting for the school drums 'cause it means that we'll be out for a break. I miss the lunch bells where we had to freeze on the first ring. Then on the second ring, we'd have to rush back into class. Haha. Funny right?

I miss Sports Day and the house chants.

"Boom-a-racker , Boom-a-racker, Boom-a-racker BANG!!
We are the kids from the Tenaru gang

We love to jump; We love to run

So come on Tenaru TRY TRY TRY!"


Haha. That's my house chant. I still remember it even after 16 years. Btw, Tenaru is the Blue house. Missing Sports Day a lot!!

I miss going to Hot Cross Buns in Honiara and buying this one icing bun that has a single cherry on top. And listening to my dad singing the song "Hot Cross Buns" from my nursery rhymes while he drives us there.

I miss going to Mendana Hotel for lunch or dinner and watching the dance performance.

I miss going for picnics at the beautiful beaches.

I miss inviting my friends over so that we could play dress-up. :)

I miss everything from my childhood days.

Nostalgic mode,


0 comments: