The other day, while talking to a friend, I learn something new. This friend of mine is a frequent flier. And I was told, that as a frequent flier, this could effect your fertility rate. Hahahaha!
So, I did a bit of reading, just for fun. this is what I've found out.
Causes of low fertility rate:
1) Smoking
2) Diet
3) Alcohol
4) STD's
5) Vigorous exercises
6) Driving
7) Misuse of substance
8) Radiation treatment
9) Malnutrition and Lack of Supplements
10) Genetic causes
Wait, there's driving as a cause of low fertility rate. But there's nothing about flying. So how can a frequent flier be affected?
Answer? Because of RADIATION.
Quoted from an article by Brent Blue on August 22, 2000 :
" We're now entering a peak period in the 11-year solar cycle (forecast to
reach its maximum sometime in 2001), when the huge magnetic storms on the
surface of the sun -- technically known as Coronal Mass Ejections (CMEs) and
colloquially as solar flares -- expel eruptions of high-energy ionized gasses
through space at speeds of 600 miles per second or more. When these eruptions
reach Earth, they often produce eerily beautiful displays of the northern and
southern lights in polar regions, and also often cause disruptions in
wireless communications. In extreme cases, they have been known to disrupt
power grids and cause blackouts. Such solar particle events can also
drastically increase the amount of radiation to which people aboard
high-flying jet aircraft are exposed. That's one reason that there seems to
be a renewed interest in the possible health hazards of cosmic and solar
radiation to professional cockpit and cabin crews, and even frequent-flying
passengers. "
Owh! These radiation does not only affects the fertility rate, but it can also cause cancer.
And so my frequent flier friends, be careful~
P.S: Should have done a better report, but I was too lazy to type out. I'm in my holiday mood now. And I'm excited on going to watch 2012 tonight! (Was supposed to be yesterday but the cinema was full! Darn. Friday the 13th? Haha.)
Saturday, November 14, 2009
Bit of knowledge causes no harm ..
Posted by babymidori12 at 3:22 PM
Labels: blablabla's
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment