Thursday, November 12, 2009

Baby, don't cry

Tell me, does anyone knows how soothing it is to be standing under the rain when you’re feeling troubled?

I do.

There was one time, a long time ago, when I was feeling quite sad about something. Felt like crying but then I was afraid that someone would notice and starts asking me what’s wrong. I can never explain properly what I was feeling at that moment. But then, coincidently, it started to rain. My friends were bored and so they suggested that we should all go out and play around in the rain. In my heart I was whispering Thank You! because I really needed some kind of distraction.

So there we were, a bunch of teenagers frolicking in the rain as if we were 5 years old. And let me tell you, to stand completely still out in the pouring rain … it feels so blissful. Especially if you close your eyes and face upwards towards the sky. To feel the raindrops on your face and skin, it’s like tiny massages, trying to wash away your troubles. To listen to nothing else but the pitter patter of rains falling all around you, it’s like you’re in a little private world of your own. And if you inhale deeply, there’ll only be the smell of damp soils. Call me crazy, but I find all of that so relaxing …

And so up until today, whenever it is raining heavily, I’d get a sudden urge to run outside and just dance around in the rain.

Especially today … I had a damn hard time today. I hate exams. Exams always make me feel stupid. No matter how long I’ve studied, I’d still feel stupid during the exams. But after a really tough paper today, I really wanted to cry. And cry I did when I was safe and sound in my room.

Still, I can’t keep on crying forever. No matter how troubled my heart would be, I should be strong. Right? *sigh*

Time to put on my happy face again.


Babyもうdon't cry
(Baby don't cry yeah)
It's gon' be alright
(It's gon' be alright)
Babyもうdon't cry
(Babyもうdon't cry)
You'll see the sunshine
(You'll see the sunshine)
Babyもうどのくらい
(Baby don't baby don't)
一人でyou've been tryin'
(一人でyou've been tryin')
Babyもうdon't cry
(Babyもうdon't cry)
You'll see the sunshine
(You'll see the sunshine)

Baby don’t cry~



P.S: After standing out in the rain that day, I had fever. Haha! So yes, standing in the rain may be soothing, but you should be wise enough to get a warm bath after that so you won’t get sick. Besides, a warm bath will soothe you even more. :)

0 comments: