:: This post was supposed to be posted on 3rd December ::
Hello.
I’ve been home for almost a week now. I’ve been meaning to blog since last week but darn Streamyx won’t co-operate with me. *sigh* Come; let me show you what I’ve been doing ever since I’ve arrived home.
Home Sweet Home. 
Bit messy coz Mum and Dad is too busy at the shop. My sister is left to do all the tidying up. That’s her and the dogs in the picture. :) Only have 2 dogs now since Billion died. I miss her dearly; she’s been a good companion.
It’s nice to be home. Sure, I have lots of chores to do. Christmas is almost here and CNY just 2 months after that. I have to start cleaning up the house now. Starting with the cushion covers. Next will be the curtains (My house has ridiculously lots of curtains. For the windows in the living den itself, it has 3 layers of curtains!) Then there’s the windows to be cleaned, the garden and, and, and .. what else? A LOT!! But still, there’s no place like home. :)
One thing I don’t like about coming back here would be the “beautiful” view and “soothing” sound from across the road. :( Owh, and don’t forget the “wonderful” smell too. 
Darn those logging company. This is like right in front of my house. Every morning I’d wake up to the sounds of those machines blaring away. Once I woke up in the wee hours of the morning to go to the loo, and when I opened my bedroom door, I was greeted not by the sounds of birds chirping, but the sound of the logging vehicles. How soothing can that be? Luckily my bedroom seems to be soundproof. The view used to be quite pretty in front of my house coz it’s situated right at the river banks. I used to bring my dogs for a walk there. Now, it’s all ugly. Once again, thank you darn logging companies. :S
What else have I done? Hurm … Owh ya! I’ve been cooking! My brother is crazy on one of the Indian dish my Mum learnt from her best friend back in Solomon. We think its Chapatti. Haha. I miss Auntie Praful and her cooking. I used to go to her house after school every Monday.
And my sister baked a birthday cake for her boyfie. It was a chocolate cake with Vanilla Butter cream icing and a pinch of cocoa dusting on top. I only helped to spread the icing and did the dusting. Felt too lazy to do any baking or washing up. Hehe.
By the way, the cake was delicious. And it should be. Me and my sister have been baking since ermmm, I don’t remember. Haha. Owh, and I flipped through Mum’s recipe book a few days ago. My hands are itching to try out some of the cake recipes in there. I better copy it down into my own personal book and bring it back to Miri. First recipe I wanna try would be the Truffle Chocolate Cake. Yum! :)
Besides Chapattis and cakes, I also had a few of my favorites. I don’t know some of their names in English though. Sorry! 
Hurm … What else? I think that’s all for now. Owh wait! I’m currently hooked onto a certain game. It was introduced to me by my game freak brother and surprisingly my book loving cousin. :)
*eyes rolling* Childish, I know.. Haha!
Guess that’s the end then. Nothing much to tell anyway.. Maybe in my next post, I’ll show you some pictures of Sri Aman’s new Waterfront. Haha! Sri Aman is not as quaint as it use to be ..
P.S: I almost forgot. My sister is a cruel, cruel, cruel person. Need proof?
Hahaha!
Wednesday, December 23, 2009
My quaint life in Sri Aman
Posted by babymidori12 at 1:05 AM
Labels: activities
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment